Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Warpaint

Speaking of nuevo iterations of the old Girl Group trope, there’s this band out of L.A. (well, Hollywood actually, I think) right now called Warpaint.


Knowing exactly nothing about the band, I came across this song of theirs called “Elephants,” & I rather liked it & listened to it for a couple of days. I liked the simple guitar figure & its rounded tone, I liked the way a new processing effect got thrown on the vocal every verse or so, I liked the random tempo changes.


Anyway, Warpaint turns out to be like a chick band kind of thing, their original drummer evidently having departed on account of her abject hotness impelled further pursuit of being a model or actress or some such. So that’s the backstory there. Warpaint has an EP out, called Exquisite Corpse, and it’s pretty good.




No comments:

Post a Comment